The St. Martin’s Annual Fund is made up of annual unrestricted funds which afford our school the opportunity to enhance a variety of initiatives that directly affect all of our programs each day. Namely, your generosity will benefit St. Martin’s in the following ways:
- Tuition Assistance — Financial aid is offered to families who so greatly desire to have their children receive a Marianist elementary school education but may be experiencing financial hardship.
- Technology Enhancements — Technology and classroom resources are enhanced on a regular basis.
- Robust Extracurricular Offerings — Students have the ability to participate in a broad range of co-curricular activities, extracurricular activities, interscholastic activities, and athletic teams without any additional cost after tuition.
- Continuous Faculty Development — Faculty members are able to continue their professional growth through professional development opportunities. We are also able to employ a full-time, in-house art and music faculty to provide our students with a rich performing and fine arts education.
- Curriculum Enrichment — We continue to expand our academic programs and offerings with supplemental classroom materials.
We thank you for supporting the Marianist Mission of academic excellence at St. Martin de Porres Marianist School. Because of your generosity, we are able to continue providing an unparalleled Catholic education of the heart and mind for all of our students.
Thank you for your support!
Did you know?
Over 500 companies across the country will match their employees’ gifts to elementary and secondary schools. Many companies will match gifts at a greater than one-to-one ratio!
Donors must visit their Personnel Offices to pick up the appropriate form, fill it out, and send to St. Martin de Porres Marianist School, Attn: Office of Advancement.
You may include your check with the form, or donate online and simply submit your completed matching gift form. Any matching gift funds are considered as part of the donor gift total.
THE CARES ACT AND CHARITABLE GIVING
As you may have heard, the U.S. Congress has passed the CARES Act. This act has many facets and also makes certain modifications to help facilitate philanthropic contributions to worthwhile organizations such as St. Martin de Porres Marianist School. Some specific provisions of the CARES Act related to charitable giving are referenced below. As always, please consider discussing this with your professional tax advisors.
$300 CHARITABLE DEDUCTION FOR ALL
Even if you do not itemize deductions on your taxes, your gift can reduce your 2020 taxable income by up to $300 ($600 for couples). This is a special benefit for 2020.
100% DEDUCTION ALLOWANCE FOR CASH GIFTS TO CHARITIES
For the 2020 tax year only, individuals may deduct cash gifts up to 100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) compared to the typical 60% allowance.
IRA DISTRIBUTIONS FOR DONORS AGE 70½ OR OLDER
Though the required minimum distribution (RMD) is temporarily suspended for 2020, gifts from an IRA rollover or qualified charitable distribution (QCD) will continue to reduce your taxable income (up to $100,000), especially if you do not itemize your deductions.