Updates from St. Martin de Porres Marianist School
March 27, 2020
March 26, 2020
Our most important job as parents is to care for and lead our children to heaven. During this Lenten Season, our spiritual development is so essential. May we all use this opportunity to grow as a Holy Family. Our school website has wonderful spiritual resources available for you and your family. The spiritual resources can be found under the virtual links tab on our school website. I hope these spiritual resources enable you and your family to share your faith and become closer to Christ during this Lenten Season.
Important information regarding 2nd trimester grades and exams:
- All 2nd trimester grades will reflect the work your child has completed from January 6- March 12, 2020.
- The 2nd trimester exams will not be counted towards your child’s 2nd trimester grades.
- The students in grades 2-8 will take the 2nd trimester exams on April 3rd, 6th, and 7th. If SMMS has reopened the students will take the exams at school these days. If SMMS has not reopened the students will take the exams through Google docs on their class page.
- The students will be responsible for all of the material that has been assigned to them by the teachers. This material will be on the Comprehensive Exams in June.
- It is very important that the students do their best to finish the work that is assigned to them by their teachers by April 20, 2020. These grades will be reflected on the 3rd trimester report card.
Our teachers have been working very diligently and will continue to prepare for whatever circumstances come our way. We realize that each family dynamic is different and has its own rhythm. We all do the best we can do. Most importantly remain a Holy Family. Please continue to stay in contact with the teachers and do not hesitate to call us with any questions. We look forward to the day we can all be together!
Please continue to pray, work, and trust in God’s merciful goodness!
Mr. John Holian
- Our morning prayer to our Blessed Mother
- Noon Angelus
- The Three O’Clock Prayer