What is a Day of Giving?
- St. Martin’s Day of Giving is a 24-hour push for support to bolster the St. Martin’s Annual Fund, which consists of annual unrestricted funds that afford our school the opportunity to strengthen a variety of initiatives that directly affect all of our programs each day. Support of the Annual Fund plays an important role in maintaining St. Martin de Porres Marianist School’s modest annual tuition, which is among the lowest on Long Island.
How do I participate in the Day of Giving?
- There are many ways to participate in St. Martin’s Day of Giving. You may make a gift in honor of a teacher or coach who has had a great impact on your life, or you may choose to display your SMMS alumni pride by including your class year in your gift amount (for example, a graduate of the Class of 2012 may choose to give $20.12, $200.12, or even a monthly gift of $12!). In many cases, you may even be able to double your impact, as there are over 500 companies across the country that will match their employees’ gifts to elementary and secondary schools. Many companies will match gifts at a greater than one-to-one ratio! Check with your personnel department for more details. Gifts can be made by visiting (INSERT ONLINE DONATION LINK) or via mail (see details below).
Is it safe to make a gift online?
- Yes, it is safe and easy to make a gift online by visiting (INSERT ONLINE DONATION LINK). Online payments on behalf of St. Martin’s are processed by Little Green Light. To protect your credit card information, Little Green Light encrypts personal and credit card information during all transactions, as well as sends an automated confirmation email for all transactions.
Can I make my gift by mail?
- Yes. To make a gift by mail, simply send a check made payable to St. Martin de Porres Marianist School to:
- Office of Advancement
St. Martin de Porres Marianist School
530 Hempstead Boulevard
Uniondale, NY 11553
- Office of Advancement
Where does my gift go?
- The St. Martin’s Annual Fund is made up of annual unrestricted funds which afford our school the opportunity to enhance a variety of initiatives that directly affect all of our programs each day. Namely, your generosity will benefit St. Martin de Porres Marianist School in the following ways:
- Scholarship Support – St. Martin’s is able to provide academic scholarships and financial assistance, as well as continue to regulate rising tuition costs
- Technology Enhancements – Technology and classroom resources are enhanced on a regular basis
- Robust Extracurricular Offerings – Students have the ability to participate in a broad range of co-curricular activities, extracurricular activities, interscholastic activities, and athletic teams without any additional cost after tuition
What’s the goal of the Day of Giving?
- The goal of the Day of Giving is to inspire the St. Martin’s community to come together in support of the St. Martin’s Annual Fund.
Why is the Day of Giving it important?
- The Day of Giving is important because it allows SMMS to bolster the St. Martin’s Annual Fund in an efficient way which utilizes the talents of the school community, while at the same time garnering enthusiasm and appreciation for the philanthropic process among the student body.